Monday, 5 October 2015

Velocity Test Match

Just a quick one here guys. During my time in Birmingham, had a quick test game of Velocity with Pradeep. My time is the white and green, his was the yellow and orange. It was quite long, not just due to having to explain the game thorough to Pradeep, but because of my lack of preparation with finishing the board appropriately with segment markings.


The eventual end of the game saw Pradeep win the first round at 6 to 3. and a 4 to 4 draw in the second round. We did not go onto finish the 2nd or 3rd round as time was progressing quickly.


My thoughts on the game is that it has potential and is fun. However, I think I need to make two modes. The game progresses to where players gain skills that will undoubtedly speed up the rate of getting the ball etc, but whilst they are just basic players, it is a long process.

My thoughts are have the two modes, the first is Novice, where each round is simply up to 2 points. Making it nice and quick, even when there is constant back and forth, which was the case when Jade and my Dad had their match. Boy was that a long game.

The second mode would be Standard, so now that at least 3 players had their first Personality profile, it would be 3 x 4 point rounds. This meant it would help to keep the games a good timeframe. even with the better skills.

Potentially I will add a 3rd mode, Professional, which would use the 6 point rounds as originally intended. If this mode was added, it would require either at least 5 players having their Personality Profile, or 3 players having their 2nd skill/trait from their Personality Profile activated.

I will be marking the outer segments however with R1 to R7 and C1 to C5 respectively, to make it easier for players to know the segments. We had a lot of fun trying to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment