Friday, 16 October 2015
I've worked on this large cliff bridge recently. Composed of three separate pieces, so it can store better, I think it'll be a great focus point for battles, where it could be a fight to hold the enemy at bay so they can't cross. It will also be great to see enemies fighting on top, whilst others are going beneath.
Here's a small fort, simply put together to hold a few units so they can fight off a larger force. The plan is to actually have a few bigger and smaller versions, so they can actually be tiered, and provide a great progress feature in a battle. I'd also love a segment with a roof, that can be removed, so that a fight can move into the building itself.
Monday, 12 October 2015
During trying to remove paint from a overly painted Rhino, I ended up leaving it in the solution too long, which basically warped the plastic. As I don't really like vehicles anyway, I decided to break it apart for use as a terrain piece.
Currently I've just positioned everything in a way I feel is slightly appeasing to the eyes, and I'm thinking of getting some putty to actually build up around the parts etc.
|A severed leg under the door hatch|
More severed body parts, just in places that I feel would look great. The arm with the cannon I think I'll have to tweak a bit. Potentially clip the cannon away, and sculpt a finger just managing to keep a final grasp on the weapon in death.
But just another thing looking to get done.
Friday, 9 October 2015
So, I've been working on some new miniatures for an army I want to make. The army will be playable in my games of 40k and also in The Shadow Beckons. I will go into background history of them etc in the future once I get to a certain level of miniatures and painting, but for now, these guys are just Wraiths. Will be looking into a cooler name, but Wraiths for now give enough of the picture.
These have been based on the miniature below, which was made from remodelling and sculpting a Red Eyes Black Dragon model.
The base is not complete, as I'm trying out a smokey affect, based on a youtube video which used compressed foliage. I'm hoping that although it isn't the usual smokey colours, it still will look right on this.
Monday, 5 October 2015
Just a quick one here guys. During my time in Birmingham, had a quick test game of Velocity with Pradeep. My time is the white and green, his was the yellow and orange. It was quite long, not just due to having to explain the game thorough to Pradeep, but because of my lack of preparation with finishing the board appropriately with segment markings.
The eventual end of the game saw Pradeep win the first round at 6 to 3. and a 4 to 4 draw in the second round. We did not go onto finish the 2nd or 3rd round as time was progressing quickly.
My thoughts on the game is that it has potential and is fun. However, I think I need to make two modes. The game progresses to where players gain skills that will undoubtedly speed up the rate of getting the ball etc, but whilst they are just basic players, it is a long process.
My thoughts are have the two modes, the first is Novice, where each round is simply up to 2 points. Making it nice and quick, even when there is constant back and forth, which was the case when Jade and my Dad had their match. Boy was that a long game.
The second mode would be Standard, so now that at least 3 players had their first Personality profile, it would be 3 x 4 point rounds. This meant it would help to keep the games a good timeframe. even with the better skills.
Potentially I will add a 3rd mode, Professional, which would use the 6 point rounds as originally intended. If this mode was added, it would require either at least 5 players having their Personality Profile, or 3 players having their 2nd skill/trait from their Personality Profile activated.
I will be marking the outer segments however with R1 to R7 and C1 to C5 respectively, to make it easier for players to know the segments. We had a lot of fun trying to remember.