Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Back with some new retinue

Yes, I am back and ready to give a little more to the community once again.

I've been working on painting up miniatures, using new techniques and trying to give a little more umph to my miniatures, that I was struggling to do before. Don't get me wrong, I love all my models, even the crappiest painted item, as all are things I put the time into, and have me written all over them. Now I'm just trying to up my game though.

So, first on the list is a revamp to my High Elves of the Last Alliance, from the Lord of the Rings range. I have not finished painting them all yet, specifically so that I could actually get a good campaign from it. Something I hope those viewing the blog will be able to enjoy.

What I will also do, is mix between using The Lord of the Rings rules, as I know there are still players out there who would be interested, and using my own rules for The Shadow Beckons, which is meant to be completely separate to The Lord of the Rings.

More about that in the future...

For now, let's just have a quick look at the two opposing High Elven forces. By this, I simply mean the paint schemes currently.

The New Elves


Old Elves

 
I'm quite happy with the new colour scheme, and the highlighting and shading. I recently bought a glaze, but unsure about using it. Not sure of the effects, and don't want to mess anyone up. May reserve for parts of Elrohir and Elladan.
 
Well, that's it for today, tell me your thoughts? Do you like the new scheme? Prefer the old? Can you see an improvement?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank's Luca, looking forward to getting stuff back out there again, and interacting with everyone

      Delete