Wednesday, 19 February 2014

River Terrain

Just wanted to show off the river terrain I worked on. I made the water using PVA glue. Took ages due to the amount of time necessary to allow the glue to dry. As well as having multiple layers needing to be washed with blue and green to give the water colour. I really enjoyed this though. Can't wait to have it in play upon the battle field.
 


 
You'll be able to see the rocks in the water and the white lines to insinuate the streams current. One thing I don't completely like is the fact that the top layer of PVA glue which had to be quite thick, is still sort of a milky clear colour, instead of just clear. This sort of ruins the final effect I was hoping for, but I'm still pleased.

6 comments:

  1. very good terrain, simple and effective!
    i think you could reduce the milky effect by doing thin layers instead of a final thick one, probably it will take more time, but i think it's worth to try.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was the original reason I didn't do it like that. But I suppose when you want the best results, you need to make sure to do what's needed

      Delete