Wednesday, 6 November 2013
Shelving Unit Modification
So, let's see what I did aye?
To the right you'll notice (not the clutter of mess, albeit its probably quite noticeable) that not only has the shelving unit got bigger, but its back, shelf and top are different.
The back is made from the bases of the four bed draws I had, whilst the shelves are made from the longest part of the draws that isn't the front part. Naturally there was some cutting involved to get rid of the more fragile section of wood, which is basically a slant, so I cut it so its no longer less dense than the rest.
I really like how the white and chestnut wood effect go together.
You may note that there's no shelves past the halfway line. This is because I've divided it. The top will hold my glue etc, whilst the bottom, with the addition of a door, will hold the models. You'll see soon enough.
So, that's all again for now. See you next time.