Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Goblin Lair completed?

 
Yes! The Goblin Lair has now been completed! Well, these two sections of the Goblin Lair have been anyway. The grass part is classed as a section to me as it is on a different board, so doesn't have to be used.
 
It may be worth noting that I will be adding all the steps and my thoughts on this piece in the first Issue of Revolution come the New Year. So if you're interested and have any queries, feel free to ask.




 
So, after all that waiting from back in March, was it? It is finally revealed. If you remember, I had just dragged a whole box of polystyrene on a 15min walk back to my home, because I had big plans! Of course, with the move, those plans were put on hold. But now, here it is for your eyes :)
 
Done and Dusted? Not a chance! See the fact is, I'm still not properly moved, so until we move properly, this is as far as I can go with the Goblin Lair. As given away in the first bit of the post, there will be more sections I want to add on. I'm planning on having a river, ruined chamber, a short tunnel across, and more features, when I get the proper space.
 
The tunnel feature was actually an inspiration from seeing a post by John Gamble from erurainons lord of the rings.
 
So, feel free to click the images to see them in their larger forms.


 
Ah, my Grim Hammer, or Falcon Hammer, as they are called in my game. It has been quite a while since I've made any real progress on the Dwarves, bar the finally managing to paint them all black. Here is one finished one.
 
Originally, after a tip from a GW staff member, I was going to undercoat them in a shade of grey, then dry brush or wet brush black over. I tried it... didn't particularly turn out well. So I had a thought. At least 6 years ago, I got a free dark elder figure at a beginner class in GW, and painted it yellow with some ice blue trims. I really enjoyed the focus I had to give the model when doing the trims, and further liked the finish.

 
I thought, why not do the same with my Dwarves? These Falcon Hammers are meant to be one of the crème de la crème in the force, so why not really try and go all out? So, I tried. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect at this, and you'll probably be able to see that, but it sure doesn't look bad at all!


And finally, my Murex Vulcan here got a bit of an upgrade. After having decided last time this type of being in the Murex race was suppose to symbolise the very start of their race forming, I thought I could add to it by just giving some areas and crevasses a small coat of mossy green, and then adding some GW bush material there.

I feel that it has turned out well, and differs further from the other miniatures.

Thanks for reading and viewing guys and gals. Hope to have you join me again next time, as I start churning out the Dwarf Army, or Zragga Dwarves (Dwarves of Zragga?)

4 comments:

  1. extremely good job!
    my compliments!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great Nathan, you must be pleased with the progress.

    ReplyDelete