Saturday, 29 June 2013

The Revolution Begins

Welcome to Table Top Revolution. Some of you may have followed me on my previous blog, Nathan's Fiction Sphere, for others, it may be your first time visiting me in genera. To each and every one of you, thank you for taking the time to come and take a look.

So first I believe I must explain why I've begun a new blog. Originally, Nathan's Fiction Sphere was suppose to be an all round blog that featured me doing reviews on books I've read, books I want to read, table top gaming, photography, and even some original fiction. It didn't happen like that however. After the first month of blogging, I ended up solely concentrating on table top gaming.

Now, six months down the line, preparing to have fun with an online magazine I've named Revolution, I decided it was time to split off from just the table top gaming aspect of my blogging and keep my original blog for my generalising, whilst my new blog would be for this particular hobby.

After relocating from Birmingham to Wales at the start of this month, I wasn't able to get internet until the 18th, and then put off blogging due to wanting to get my thoughts gathered as well as other things. But now, as you can see, I'm making my move, and you're all invited to come along for the ride.

So, what can you expect? Well, apart from the magazine issue's I'll make available for those of you who would like to read it (Not coming until January 1st 2014), there will be blog posts on painting, sculpting, gaming, terrain making, and so on.

I must admit, the post I'm looking forward to doing the most, will be my first Battle Report using my own rules. Why? Well, not only will there be action, but there will be a load of images to boot. I just love a Battle Report that has a chunk of images that could literally tell the story of the battle without the words.

So, just to start you off, this post has a few images of models I've painted, designed and created by Games Workshop. For those who have been following me, you will note that these are miniatures that you've seen before, just photographed differently, whilst it will be a new site for those who are new to me and my blog.

Two of my favourite miniatures have been Gandalf and Radagast, otherwise known as El'yor and Ritzel in the gaming world I play in. You should note that El'yor is painted yellow, a different theme to Gandalf, whilst Ritzel, Radagast, really falls into the same colour scheme that he would normally have. Initially I was going to paint him in different hues of green, but I thought against it, and stuck with the lovely brown.

For today, this is all I have for you. Visit again next week for an update. I will be trying to post as often as I can, but at the least, it will be a weekly thing.
 
Once again, thank you for taking the time to view and read my post, and I hope to see you poking round again. Any queries, feel free to comment or email me on Nathan.Watt@live.co.uk 

1 comment: